The Squeak Foundation (commonly referred to as SqF) is the body that provides a legal, administrative and logistical home for the Squeak community.
What does it do?
- SqF is building a legal presence - currently by working with the Software Freedom Law Center as part of their software conservancy program;
- providing the network services that support the various mailing lists and repositories that in turn make a community possible;
- helping to coordinate the various interest groups and projects being pursued by Squeakers.
How is it run?
The foundation has a board of seven elected members that meets by whatever means seem practical about twice a month.
How can I help?
- Volunteer to lead, assist, review, test - anything that needs doing in any software project also needs doing for Squeak. Take a look at the current list of teams to see if you are interested in joining one. Propose a new team if you see the need;
- Look through the Mantis Database of bugs and see if you can help with solving problems;
- Donate money - we need funds to pay for the servers and bandwidth and eventually to provide prizes, bounties, stipends, bursaries and maybe one day even salaries.