- Screencasts to help students get started
- A.K.A. "The Laser Game Tutorial"
- Starting out with Squeak? Start here! This excellent tutorial by Stephan Wessels will guide you through installing Squeak, to creating a fun game using the Morphic graphics system, all while observing solid object-oriented design principles
- This book has everything needed to start programming in Squeak
- A.K.A. "The Bowling Example"
- A guided tour through the mind of a Smalltalker: How to build a business model from the ground up, factoring it along the way. If you don't understand how Smalltalkers think or why they think that way, you need to read this series.
- What makes Smalltalk different? This article by Alan Lovejoy discusses the big picture about Smalltalk
- Keyboard usage, mouse usage, and Squeak syntax at a glance
- Full syntax and commonly used expressions at a glance
- Just how little syntax does Smalltalk have? See for yourself!
- A collection of Smalltalk Books that have been published online. Many thanks to Stéphane Ducasse for collecting these valuable documents together!
Other Sources of Information
- Squeak has a vibrant community, including mailing lists and an IRC channel
- A gold-mine of information